Website Design Cornwall Q&A
Tell me more about Sharkfin Media?
We are a limited company and have been designing websites in Cornwall for nearly 15 years.
Unlike some web designers, we don’t work out of a bedroom. We have offices and a professional photographic studio in Truro. With off road parking we are centrally located between County Hall, Treliske Hospital and Truro and Penwith College. For website design Cornwall, contact Sharkfin Media.
Do you offer a package for small businesses?
Most of our clients are SMEs based in Cornwall. Through many years of experience working with small Cornish businesses we have developed a package suited for their needs.
What do I get in the package?
We will build you a shiny new website and provide everything needed to ensure that your website is eye catching, professional and simple to navigate including:
- Professional photography – The use of high quality images can be the difference between an average looking website and a stunning looking site. As part of our business is professional, commercial photography, we will provide a professional photographer to photograph your premises, products and location. We’ll even photograph your staff for the ‘meet the team’ page if required.
- Web hosting and email facilities – Your site needs to exist somewhere and we provide a hosting solution. We also provide email facilities for multiple email accounts if required. We can configure your smart phone to send and receive email, very useful when you’re out of the office and on the go.
- A fully featured, standards compliant website. Our sites are built to meet the latest web standards and we ensure that the website will display correctly on smart phones (iphones, android devices etc) and tablets (ipad etc)
- Ongoing support including all updates. – Crucial to the smooth running and success of the website is having someone to provide support, updates when required and general advice. That someone is us.
Do I get a copy of the photographs?
The images will be used within the website we will also provide the full resolution images to you on CDROM for you to use as you see fit. i.e. advertising etc.
Do you recommend social networking like Facebook or Twitter?
We encourage the use of Facebook and Twitter to sit alongside your website. They are a great way of staying in touch with existing and potential new clients. We can embed your Twitter or Facebook feed into the website and any tweets or Facebook updates you make will automatically appear in the website almost like a news feed.
Will my site work on smart phones and tablets?
Our sites are built to work flawlessly on smart phones and tablets including ipads, iphones and Android devices.
Can I update the site myself?
Our websites are built around a content managed system (CMS). This means that not only are we able to update the site for you but you will be able to login via a username/password protected area to make changes yourself.
What else do I get?
We also provide the following:
- Logo Design – We will help design a company logo if either you don’t have one or have grown tired of your existing logo.
- Business Card Design – Once your site is complete we will design your business cards to fit with the design of the new website
- Letter Heads and Comp Slips– This is also true of letter heads and comp slips
- Pamphlets – We will also design a pamphlet for you. We specialise in A6 postcard size and weight pamphlets which resemble oversized business cards. You can fit an awful lot of information on this format and they look great.
This all seems too good to be true!
Our ethos within Sharkfin Media is to provide both a high quality website that doesn’t cost the earth and excellent ongoing support. We also want to give our clients as much as we can including the photography and print design service.
When can you start?
Generally we can start work on your new website right away.
How long will it take?
3 to 5 weeks should see the site ready to launch. Don’t forget that due to the support package updates to the site can be made at any time.
What will it cost?
There are no up front costs for the entire package including site design, photography, print media design etc. All we charge is an affordable monthly support fee.
What happens if I recommend someone to you?
If you ever recommend anyone to us and they sign up, you’ll be entitled to a reduction of your monthly payment for each recommendation. Five recommendations would render your website totally FREE.
What should I do next?
For website design Cornwall, call now on our office number (01872 274607 or 07966 016 529) and/or pop in for a chat and a cuppa at our central Truro offices and we’ll discuss your website design needs further.